Trinamool demanded, "BJP Government must come clean on black money and reveal names in one go. The selective leaking, rumour mongering and innuendo will not do." Claming that the black money scandal is another one in the long list of promises made by BJP and now broken, it alleged, "So, finally... the cat is out of the bag. Looks like the BJP is petrified about belling 'the black money cat'."
Earlier the Trinamool Congress had dubbed the alleged BJP u-turn on the blackmoney scandal as shocking. It said, "Betrayal of anti-UPA corruption sentiment. Shows BJP and Congress are part of same cosy Delhi nexus. Legalistic arguments about black money by Government are a cop-out. What concrete steps has BJP taken? Setting up toothless Committee not enough."
On October 17, chief minister Mamata Banerjee had targeted the BJP for raising the infiltration bogey, "Infiltration is a central subject. It is not our responsibility. Borders are manned by central agencies like Border Security Force or Seema Suraksha Bal — they are responsible for infiltration," Mamata told reporters. "How much fencing has been completed on the borders? I personally remember that I had to write to Centre for a SSB guard at Pashupati market along the Bengal-Nepal border," she added. "It is the Centre's responsibility to check illegal migration. If any infiltration has taken place, it is their responsibility," she said. Admitting that "some infiltration" has indeed taken place, she explained that the state government would take action whenever "we are informed", but "they do not inform".
The other issues on which Mamata had critised the Centre are:
1) 33,000 blocks country-wide which benefitted from the 100-day work scheme is being cut down to 2,000 odd. Why?
2) Rs 900-crore of NREGA funds is yet to be given to us.
3) JNNURM projects are non-functional for the want of a new name? Do we suffer due to it?
4) The land acquisition act was passed by the UPA-2; but the BJP government hasn't framed rules. So land acquisition even for rehabilitation and railway work is stopped.
5) IAS-IPS officers are being given extension at Central posting without the state in loop.
6) The Centre has scrapped all UN-bound all-parry delegation even without informing the parliament.
Stay updated on the go with The Times of India's mobile apps. Click here to download it for your device.