The fire broke out following a suspected short circuit in the AC unit of the information department, fire and rescue department officials said, adding, there were no casualties nor any major damage to property.
Government officials said it was a minor fire which was put out immediately and there was no need for any concern.
Six fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the blaze, officials added.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/followceleb.cms?alias=Fire in Tamil Nadu secretariat,Tamil Nadu secretariat
Stay updated on the go with The Times of India's mobile apps. Click here to download it for your device.