Search for survivors continues in US mudslide, 3 dead

Written By kom nampultig on Minggu, 23 Maret 2014 | 08.20

SEATTLE: Rescue crews searched into the night for survivors from a massive mudslide in Washington state that killed at least three people, after hearing voices from the debris field pleading for help.

The slide of mud, trees and rocks happened on Saturday morning. Several people, including an infant, were critically injured, and at least six houses were destroyed.

Snohomish County Fire District 21 chief Travis Hots said at a news briefing that searchers weren't giving up on finding more people.

"We have people who are yelling for our help, and we are going to take extreme risks," Hots said.

It wasn't clear how many people might still be alive, he said.

The Snohomish County sheriff's office reported that two people had been killed at the scene. Authorities later said one person who was rescued died at a hospital.

The injured included a 6-month-old boy, who was in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg said two other victims were in critical condition — an 81-year-old man and a 58-year-old man — while a 37-year-old man was in serious condition.

One eyewitness told the Daily Herald that he was driving on the roadway and had to quickly brake to avoid the mudslide.

"I just saw the darkness coming across the road. Everything was gone in three seconds," Paulo Falcao told the newspaper.


Anda sedang membaca artikel tentang

Search for survivors continues in US mudslide, 3 dead

Dengan url

http://makanansehatanak.blogspot.com/2014/03/search-for-survivors-continues-in-us.html

Anda boleh menyebar luaskannya atau mengcopy paste-nya

Search for survivors continues in US mudslide, 3 dead

namun jangan lupa untuk meletakkan link

Search for survivors continues in US mudslide, 3 dead

sebagai sumbernya

0 komentar:

Poskan Komentar

techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger